Labor Day refers to the summer’s last hurrah for most people before heading back to everyday life, be it work or school. Texas, the second-largest state, is well-known for organising significant events, and thus, there is no exception with the Labor day festivity. Are you new to Texas? Do you want to give a visit to the Labor Day event? Well, then, we have lined up some best things that you can do at the event!
- Westfest: Every year, Texas, situated in the north of Waco, organises Westfest. Being one of the state’s largest Czech Polka fests, the event boasts itself with its Miss Westfest contest, fun run, polka bands, cultural drinks and food, eating contests, horseshoe contests, a parade, and banking contests, arts and crafts, etc. Also, there are gymnastics exhibitions and carnival rides for children. Furthermore, there is a chance of taking a helicopter ride to see the fairground and the surrounding areas in a bird-eye view!
- Houston Salsa Festival: Houston Salsa Festival, also known as the BIG Salsa Festival, will be organised for over four days in the south’s salsa dancing capital, Westin Galleria Houston. With incredible dancers and fantastic food, the festival includes band concerts, dance classes, Latin dance parties, and other performances. As the event is not only dedicated to Salsa lovers, you can explore different things in the event too!
- Fredericksburg’s 1940s dance: Featuring the scenic beauty, rich history, and humid subtropical climate, Fredericksburg does not fail to attract its visitors the whole year. Do not miss to check out the Labor Day dance in the 1940s USO-Style at the Hangar Hotel. In addition, costumes are encouraged, and there is a contest conducted at the event. You can do plenty of things over here, including tasting the delicious varieties of pecans at the Fredericksburg Pecan Company, visiting the National Museum of the Pacific War, and picking a few peaches at the Vogel Orchard!
- Dallas: Dallas being Texas’s fourth-largest city, welcomes and attracts nearly 22 million annual visitors. Also, five sports teams are calling the city home, namely, Dallas Stars (NHL), FC Dallas (MLS), Dallas Cowboys (NFL), and Dallas Mavericks (NBA). Furthermore, you can visit fabulous places such as Dallas World Aquarium, Dallas Zoo, Dallas Museum of Art, JFK Museum, Reunion Tower, and Dealey Plaza.
- The World Championship BBQ Goat Cookoff: The cooking teams descended on Brady’s tiny Hill Country Town for more than four decades to participate in the World Championship BBQ Goat Cookoff on the labour weekend. This colossal event features 206 cook teams where still more than 100 teams are trying to get into the competition. Every year, in Richard’s Park, more than 5,700 pounds of goat are cooked where there are at least 10,000 attendees all over Texas and from other places.
Things To Do In Central Texas During Labor Day!